In general, the Mediterranean diet doesn’t have any single definition except that the way of the eating pattern follows by the countries of the Mediterranean Sea. This diet varies by the countries and region. So, It’s difficult to explain is what exactly it is but in general, the diet which is high in tables, fruits, legumes, grains, nuts, beans, fish, cereal, unsaturated fat and its take low amount of meat and dairy products. This diet is more beneficial for heart health and types 2 diabetes.
You can make your diet more Mediterranean by adding :
- Some starchy foods, such as bread and pasta.
- Less amount of meat and saturated fats.
- Fish in your diet.
- Less amount dairy products.
- Green vegetables with Fruits in your diet.
- Dring plenty of water.
What we are going to talk about in this article,
1. What are the health benefits of the Mediterranean diet?
This diet is more beneficial for your heart health than other heart-healthy diets. Because it provides more unsaturated oils such as fish and olive oil, and certain nuts and seed oils such as canola oil and soyabean oil. Fats are mainly from nuts, beans. This diet reduces the risk of stroke. It also decrease the incidence of Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and many cancers.
2. What to eat in the Mediterranean diet?
- Eat vegetables and fruits like grapes,blueberries,tomatoes,broccoli, peppers,figs,spinach,eggplant,beans,lentils, and chikpeas.
- Eat whole-grain foods in everyday life such as oats, brown rice, bread, and pasta.
- Consume fishes like tuna, salmon, mackerel, lake trout, herring twice a week.
- Eat a balanced amount of low-fat dairy products such as cheese, yogurt, and milk.
- You can eat eggs once or twice a week.
- Consume a limited amount of saturated fat such as palm oil, butter, and coconut oil.
- You can also drink wine one glass for women and two glasses for men.
So we read the benefits of Mediterranean diet above. Now you can switch your normal diet to this one and for more benefits you should learn about your physical fitness too. This diet will help you for stay healthy and fit.